Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

For over a week now I have been contemplating what I'm going to do for lent.  The main idea is to give something up for 40 days.  In the past I have given up pop, sweets and coffee, which all didn't last that long.  I was able to give up pop easily, but the coffee was a different story.
So this year i'm going to work on what I'm going to do to make the next 40 days more enjoyable for me and the people around me. I think that giving up something is a little over rated.  So here is my list:

1. Do my devotions every day
2. Spend at least 30 minutes a week reading about the Catholic Religion
3. Only cook 3-4 times a week
4. Play guitar at least once a week
5. Start a new book that will help Matt's and my relationship

Now these may seem kinda odd to some people so let me explain a little.  The devotions are pretty much explanatory, I'm currently doing the "read the bible in one year" where you read a little bit everyday.  I have actutally started this over a month ago but was never good and reading every day.  For the last two weeks I have done really great, and just missed one day once.
In a previous post I mentioned that I'm trying ot learn about the Catholic Religion and so that is where my second goal comes in. I"m not going to try to do something extreme like reading for an hour a day because I know I will most likely fail.
I decided on the cooking goal for two reasons.  The first is that it stresses me out to think about cooking a meal everynight and the second is that if I cook every night we have lots of left over food that never really get's eaten so it is a waste of money.  By only cooking 3-4 times a week I will be less stressed and the leftovers will be eaten so we won't waste food and money.
For those of you who don't know I do own a guitar and I love playing it but I find my weeks so busy that I never really play it. So I want to start playing again.
I"m not sure what book I'm going to start yet to help matt's and my relationship but I will find one soon.
So here are my five goals.  They might not be some extreme goals but that is the whole point. I don't want to fail, I want to accomplish all of these so that I can get in a routine of doing them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment